Friday, June 15, 2007

From June 15th, 2007: Bob Barker's last show

Today was host Bob Barker’s final episode of The Price Is Right. The 83-year old game show icon is retiring after 35 years. Things get tough at that age. Every time Bob tries to pee, announcer Rich Fields has to call out, “Contents of Bob’s kidneys: come on down!”


He can’t control his bowels any more, either. Mid-sentence, he’ll just start walking away. When someone says, “Bob, where are you going?” He says, “I have to go make Plinko.”


You could tell is was getting to be time for him to retire when, every day on the show, when a contestant would spin the giant wheel, no matter what number it landed on, Bob would shout “Bingo!”


Age catches up with you. The other day Bob started driving a beautiful car on the stage, and started honking the horn and telling the audience to get out of the road.


It was an emotional day for fans of The Price Is Right. At the end of Bob Barker’s last show, the whole audience was invited onstage so Bob could personally spay or neuter them.


After the taping, Bob was, ironically, given some lovely parting gifts for being on the show.


Since he’s retiring, Bob issued a press release saying the following:
“I hope everyone realizes, they’re not called ‘Barker’s Beauties’ because I just worked with them.”

“Forget Price Is Right. What I really want to be remembered for is my performance in the movie Happy Gilmore.”

“I still see that female contestant in the tube top in my sleep.”

“Every pregnant animal I see is a personal failure.”

“Even at age 83, I can still kick Alex Trebek’s ass.”

No comments: